top of page
We are extremely serious about self-care at Yoj. Taking time for yourself, your mental health and well-being can involve physical activities such as exercising, taking regular breaks throughout the day, eating healthy and nutritious meals, and getting enough sleep. It can also include emotional activities such as spending time with people you love and making sure you take time to relax.
Self-care is a key factor in leading a healthy lifestyle, and it should be taken seriously, it is essential for managing stress and preventing burnout. By engaging in self-care practices, you practice self-preservation and create balance between work and personal life. These activities have numerous benefits, such as reducing stress and anxiety, improving moods, and promoting well-being in a safe and healthy environment.
Here are some YOJ tips;
If you are struggling to stay focused, at work or in your day-to-day taking a long nice bath and having your full hours worth of sleep can drastically help to boost creativity and productivity, and it can even help to strengthen relationships with family and friends. Self-care is a valuable practice that should be incorporated into our daily routines in order to lead a healthy and meaningful life.
1. Get organised: Which is a scary thing to hear but once you get started it will really benefit you in the long run. One thing that you can do is to simply make your bed in the morning and you will soon start to pick up other good habits, but there’s no rush to it at all. One step at a time!
2. Understand your needs: Identify what your needs are and take the time to meet them. This can be anything from taking a break, to spending time with friends, to having a manicure. Don’t be afraid to be just that little bit selfish.
3. Make time for yourself: Take time to just be. This can be anything from listening to music, journaling, reading a book, or taking a walk in nature. Getting to know yourself will help you to feel more confident!.
4. Practice mindfulness: Take time to sit in silence and just be in the moment. Be aware of your thoughts and feelings and practice being present. There are plentiful apps and TedTalks that can help you on your mindful journey.
5. Get outside: Connect with nature by taking a walk or spending time in nature. Nature is an amazing source of healing energy.
6. Nourish yourself: Eat healthy, nutritious meals and treat yourself to special treats. Your gut is like your second brain, you really are what you eat.
7. Celebrate your victories: Take the time to recognise and congratulate yourself. Each victory, no matter how small, should be acknowledged and celebrated.
8. Reach out for help: If you’re feeling overwhelmed, don’t be afraid to reach out and ask for help. Sometimes it can be hard to do it alone, so having a support system can really help.
Make time to yourself and enjoy simple pleasures
bottom of page